Monday, November 24, 2008

Random Jake-isms

Sunday, September 14, 2008
Jake has so many cute things he says and does, I figured I'd better write them all down. Or at least as many as I can remember...
The one I absolutely have to remember is when he says "I'll always love my baby sister, no matter what." It's so darn sweet when he says it! And he kisses Phoebe... I hope this feeling continues.
The other morning Jake was dawdling and I was trying to get out the door. I had made him pancakes and he was taking his time, savoring each bite. As I was sitting there tapping my foot he looked at me and said "Sweetie, these are GREAT pancakes. Thank you my love!" So how could I be annoyed after that?
Then there's one of his favorite songs, "You're a Trash Girl". Better known as Eurotrash Girl by Cracker. He's also fond of Gone Daddy Gone by Gnarls Barkley, Rock Lobster by the B-52s and Drive My Car by The Beatles. Fortunately for us, he has good musical taste! He loves to sing too, and hearing him bellowing Rock Lobster-DOWN! from the backseat is an experience no one should miss.
I remain amazed daily at how his curiosity and intelligence manifest in conversation. He CAN reason now although sometimes I think he just doesn't want to. I encourage him to figure things out for himself and to work independantly. But he still amazes me with his comprehension and how he gets so much.
And not to ignore Phoebe too--she has started eating carrots! And last night she had a small taste of mango water ice. She loves food! She's also so bright and adorable.
I did not realize I had the capacity to love two people like I love my children. They both make me so happy and proud!

No comments: